Sometimes I amaze myself with how productive I can be. Other days, not so much. Often, I am faced with the dilemma of being too productive, and thus not having anything to do at work when the store is empty. Really not that big of a deal, right? But we all know how slowly time can drag by when not actively doing anything. So here’s a list of all the fun things I do when I run out of things to do.
- Wipe the tops of the benches off
- Organize the sock bin
- Dance around to the music like I’m in a music video and hope nobody in the hallway sees me
- Put shoe box lids on my feet and slide around on the carpet
- Sing loudly and off key to the music for fun
- Level the stacks of shoe boxes on the top shelf
- Mess up shoes in their boxes so I can go back through and straighten them
- Try on all the crazy heels
- Practice my non-existant color guard skills with the shoe box lifter (hopefully not hitting myself in the face)
- Cartwheels in the aisles
- Yoga in the center of the store
Feel free to have fun in your retail environment. And if you ever catch me in one of these acts, feel free to join in!